Gumball Grenade Online Shop

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thinking about the Life of a Tree...




Curious isn't it. These are new pieces that I created from two of my original paintings. I really wanted to portray an old and vintage feeling. It reminds me of those jagged, old, stop and go, black and white , flickery films and animations, I'm sure there is a term for that style of film and animation, and if not then there should be. I picture this fox and deer moving around inside these little vignettes in that style, with the background noise being the whir and clicking of an old projector. Makes me want to learn animation. STOP MOTION - that what the style is called I think? These pieces will be available as prints in my Fables and Foxes shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bottom work- of the fox under the tree- it's called Sour Grapes, right?- reminds me of the book ONE FINE DAY by Nonny Hogrogian. Do you know that book? It's a children's book with beautiful illustrations.

Your work is fantastic. I am a huge fan that is still trying to figure out which piece to buy first...

GumballGrenade said...

"Sour Grapes" it is ;) Oh my! Thanks so much for the compliments. I've not heard of the book but I'm off to check it out now! Love new discoveries! Thanks so much for visiting!

GumballGrenade said...

Oooh I just saw a couple pages of it! She uses texture beautifully!